Mouth Watering and finger licking chicken tandoori can be prepared at home with oven and with all time available pantry items. It is so easy and really simple to prepare. The only big thing required for this recipe is patience. The time required for marination and cooking is more for this recipe.
Got many guests or wanna celebrate special occasions with friends and family. This chicken tandoori recipe will rock the feast. The step by step pictorial procedure for this recipe is as follows….
Check other chicken recipe chicken 65, curry leaves chicken in microwave oven , sasso chicken gravy, courtllam famous border shop style nattu kozhi, varthuarucha kozhi, chicken biriyani-thalapakatti style, country chicken pepper fry, malaysian chicken satay , kottayam style spicy chicken, chili dhaniya chicken, natu koli kulambu, drumstick chicken gravy, chicken 65 in microwave and slow cooking chicken drumstick
- Whole chicken – 1.5 kgs
- Corn Flour – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
FOR BASE COATING
- Red Chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Thick curd/Hung curd/Yogurt – 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsp or as per the taste
- Wash and clean the chicken well.
- Remove the skin from the chicken. This is optional. As the skin has more fat, we removed it.
- Make deep slits across the entire chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, take red chili powder.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Add salt.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add little oil.
- Mix it well into a paste.
- Spread the paste well inside the slits.
- Apply and massage the paste on the chicken and inside the cavity. Marinate it for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tandoori masala can be prepared. In a mixing bowl, take curd.
- Add red chili powder to it.
- Add coriander powder.
- Add cumin powder to it.
- Add Garam masala powder.
- Add required salt to it.
- Add little oil. Make it into a paste.
- Apply this paste to the chicken well.
- Sieve cornflour over the chicken.
- Top the chicken with little oil.
- Wrap the chicken air tight or keep it in a air tight container. Marinate it for (3-8) hours or over night in refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 °C. At the same time take the chicken out from the fridge to bring it to room temperature. Line the tray with aluminium foil.
- Place the chicken on the rack. Keep a tray lined with aluminium foil below the rack where chicken is placed.
- Cook the chicken for 1 hour 30 minutes. Flip the chicken in every 20 minutes. The juice from the chicken will be collected by the tray placed below. Spoon the juice over the chicken. Before the last 20 minutes check for the chicken with skewers. If required cook the chicken for 20 minutes more. Once the chicken is done let the chicken sit in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the hot chicken plain or with mayonnaise.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the required.
- The level of spiciness mentioned in this recipe is more. Reduce the amount of red chili powder used to make it less spicy.
- Removing the chicken skin is optional. If roasting along with chicken, separate the skin from the flesh. Make slits on the flesh. Apply masala well below the skin and slits. If the skin is not separated then the masala will not stick to the flesh and flavors of the masala will not go inside the chicken.
- Overnight marination will give better results than marinating for 3 hours. Also, make sure the chicken is wrapped well kept inside a air tight container.
- Pre-heating the oven is mandatory.
- Flip the chicken in every 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the chicken during last 20 minutes. Use a tooth pic or skewers to check whether the chicken is cooked inside or not. Let the chicken sit inside the oven for 15 minutes after the cooking time.