Here is another recipe of county chicken. I have prepared the same pepper fry from county chicken, but the style is different. The style I followed is that of Courtallam/Sengottai famous border kadai style nattu kozhi milagu varuval. It is very easy to prepare. A small twist will give great flavor to the dish. The cooked chicken has flavors in it and the one and only pepper gives the unique taste to the dish.
This dish was prepared during our visit to my sil’s place. This dish was prepared as a trial but the output was awesome. It tasted exactly that of border kadai style pepper fry. Missed to click step by step pictures as we are not sure of the output. I will surely post the step by step pictures when I do this dish in future.
The step by step procedure of Border shop style nattu kozhi pepper fry is as follows.
- Cooked chicken from chicken gravy – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 1
- Black pepper pods – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp or as required
- Remove the required chicken pieces from the chicken curry. Make sure the chicken pieces are dry. Allow it to cool.
- Shred them into small pieces with hands. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, in a mortar pestle add pepper corns.
- Crush it into a coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add curry leaves. Fry it well.
- Add finely chopped onion.
- Add required salt. Saute till the onion turns golden brown.
- Now, add the shredded chicken pieces to it. Fry it well.
- Add crushed pepper over it. Stir it well.
- Serve hot as a starter or a side dish.
- The quantity of the pepper used can be altered as per the requirement.
- To get the best taste of the chicken pepper fry, use freshly crushed pepper. pepper powder can also be used.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste desired.
- Cooked chicken from any style of chicken curry can be used.