Hot hot sun making you hotter…..cool down with cucumber smoothie…Here is the recipe of very simple and easy cucumber smoothie with curd. Cucumber is great coolant. It is also a seasonal vegetable which is edible as such. It has good amount of water content in it.
To enhance the cooling effect, we are going to add curd, mint leaves and cumin seeds to it. It is a perfect and healthy cool drink to our body when compared to aerated bottle drinks.
- Cucumber – 1
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Mint leaves – 3 sprigs
- Roasted cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Wash and peel the skin of the cucumber.
- Chop into slices.
- In a mixer grinder, add chopped cucumber.
- Add curd.
- Now, add fresh mint leaves.
- Add roasted cumin seeds.
- Add sugar to it.
- Add required salt.
- Finally, add water to it.
- Grind it well.
- Transfer it to a glass and serve.
- You can serve it chill or plain as it is.
- If preferred, feel free adjust the ingredients as per the taste desired.
- Instead of curd, lemon juice can be used. If using lemon, the final output will be different in texture and taste.
- As this is smoothie & taking health benefits into account I haven’t strained the mixture. If you want, you can strain the mixture and extract the juice alone.