Fritters are liked by peoples of all age. They serve as a best snack. Here is the recipe for curry leaves fritters. Curry leaves have various health benefits. They are iron rich and hence they increase the hemoglobin count in our body. Also curry leaves helps in hair growth. They gives us healthy and black hair.
Curry leaves is used in all Indian dishes. We use 2-3 sprigs only. Most of us won’t eat it. In this dish whole goodness of curry leaves is obtanied. Kids will love this dish.
It goes well with idli podi.
- Curry leaves – 2 cups ( moderately packed )
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- pepper pods – 1⁄2 tsp (optional)
- Crush the pepper pods in a mortar pestle.
- Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile wash and clean the curry leaves.
- Grind it into a fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, salt , crushed pepper pods and curry leaves paste. Mix them well. Add water if required.
- The consistency of the dough should be like poori dough. Don’t add more water as it is a deep fry it will it will consume more oil if more water is added.
- Take oil in a kadai.
- Meanwhile, take a fresh plastic cover and add few drops of oil to it. Make lemon size balls from the dough.
- Press them flat with fingers.
- Put them carefully in the oil. Fry them well on both sides.
- Drain the excess oil in a tissue paper.
- Tasty, crispy and healthy curry leaves fritters are ready to taste.
- Pepper powder is optional. But it gives nice flavor and taste to the curry leaves fritters.
- Any kinds of green leaves can be used to make these kind of fritters. Will post them soon. Keep following the blog.
- Crushed cumin and finely chopped coconut pieces can also be added to enhance the flavor.