Diwali is nearing…..Want to prepare some super tasty and effortless sweet at home? Then, you are at right place. Yes, here is the recipe of maida burfi which can be prepared very quickly at home. Even beginners can give bold try to this recipe.
The barfi will melt in your mouth. The step by step pictorial procedure of this recipe is as follows.
Check other diwali recipes
sweets recipe… carrot halwa, paal halwa, bun halwa, choco-milk burfi, aval payasam, moong dal payasasm, poori payasam, ghee mysore pak, Ellu urundai, moong dal ladoo, puran poli, channa dal modak, wheat ladoo, ragi ladoo, dry nut ladoo, bhoondi ladu, coconut ladoo and rava ladu.
- All purpose flour/maida – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grease a plate/tin with ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add maida to the very hot ghee.
- Fry it for 1 minute. The texture of the maida should be sandy. Turn off the flame.
- Take sugar in pan.
- Add water to it.
- Let the sugar to dissolve completely. Allow it to boil.
- Continue to cook until the syrup reaches single string consistency. Turn off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Now add ghee fried maida.
- Mix it well and break the lumps if any.
- Keep stirring till the mixture is combined well and start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now, pour the mixture on the greased plate/tin.
- Pat the top evenly.
- Make square or diamond mark with a knife.Allow it to cool.
- Carefully remove the burfis from the plate/tin. Sweety maida burfi is ready to taste.
- Seive the maida once to avoid any small particles.
- Maida should be added to very hot ghee. This will make maida to get rid of raw taste.
- Any essence of your choice (vanilla essence, rose essence, orange essence and etc) can be added in the place of cardamom powder. I like it plain so just added cardamom powder alone.
- Greased flat bottomed bowl/cup can be used to even the top of the burfi mixture.
- Whisk helps to get a smooth batter soon than ladle.
- Any food color matching the flavor of the barfi can be used.
- If using liquid food color, then it can be added directly to the sugar syrup. Since I used food color powder, I dissolved it in water and added to the sugar syrup.
- You can also avoid food color and leave it plain.
- Ghee fried nuts and saffron strands can also be added.
- Maida burfi tastes good for 1 week if stored in air tight container.