Garlic bread is a quick breakfast or brunch. This garlic bread can even be served with any soup for lunch or dinner. They also act as a great starter snack for get together or parties.
Any bread, say white bread, brown bread or multi grain bread can be used. Usually it is prepared with french loaf.The garlic bread can be served with tomato ketchup or chili sauce.
This dish is made in oven, but we can also make on a tawa/skillet. use a thick bottomed tawa. The recipe given below is for the basic garlic bread. Any kind of grated cheese can be topped on the garlic bread for an added flavor. The amount of cheese depends on your requirement.
- French loaf – 1
- Garlic cloves – (5 – 6)
- Butter – 100 gms
- Coriander leaves – 5 sprigs
- Finely chop the garlic and coriander leaves.
- Put some butter in a kadai or microwave oven (cook on medium for 30 seconds ) and melt it.
- Mix the melted butter with finely chopped garlic and coriander leaves.
- Cut the french loaf into 2 cm thick pieces.
- Apply the garlic-butter mix on the bread pieces.
- Heat it in a tawa or microwave oven ( cook on high for 2 minutes ) for 1 minute on each side.
- While cutting the french loaf, do not cut down straight but cut diagonally.
- After applying the butter garlic mix to the bread pieces, top some grated cheese over it for a extra kick.
- Instead of french loaf, normal bread loaf can also be used. Cut the bread pieces into two to get the shape of the garlic bread.
- It can also be topped with mixed herbs or oregano.
- Generally finely chopped parsley is used. Here coriander leaves is used to give a Indian style.