Paneer is an appetizing ingredient for vegetarians. It can be prepared in many ways. Here is one such delicious dish of paneer. I have prepared a patty from paneer and arranged the patties with veggies and cheese slice like a burger with bread.
This snack serves as a great starter for kitty parties. The kids will love it. My son had no patience to wait for the burger arrangement. He finished many of the paneer patties in no time. I somehow managed to save few patties from him and arranged them into bread burger.
- Paneer – 100 gms
- Besan flour – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Ajwain/ omam seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
- Oil – To shallow fry or deep fry
FOR BURGER ASSEMBLY
- Bread – (10-12)
- Cheese slice – 4
- Onion – 1/2
- Tomato – 1
- Lettuce – (2-3) leaves
- Cut the paneer into cubes or rough pieces.
- In a plate or wide bowl, add besan flour.
- Add red chili powder.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add required salt to it.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Add ajwain seeds.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Finally, lemon juice to it.
- Sprinkle little water and mix it well into a thick paste.
- Now add the paneer pieces to it. Crumble the paneer pieces to the masala paste. Mix it well to the masala mixture.
- Heat oil in pan or kadai.
- Once the oil turns hot, take 1 tbsp of paneer masala batter and fry them.
- Flip the patties and fry it on other side. Here, I have shallow fried the patties. If preferred you can deep fry it.
- The paneer patties are ready.
FOR BURGER ASSEMBLY
- Cut the the bread into round shape with a cookie cutter or a bottle or bottle cap. Also cut the tomato, onion, cheese slice and lettuce into round shape.
- Fry them lightly in butter or oil.
- Arrange the paneer bread burger in the following order, bread piece, lettuce, paneer patty, cheese slice, tomato, onion and bread piece.
- Insert a tooth pick in the middle of the bread burger to hold the shape.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- Adjust the seasoning and salt as per the taste required.
- Chat masala and kasuri methi can be added to get a variation in the taste of the patty.
- Finely chopped coriander leaves can also be added while preparing the patty.
- The patties can be shallow fried or deep fried. If going to deep fry, then the batter must to thicker to get the shape. For shallow fry the batter need not to be thick.
- If the patty batter is to thick sprinkle little water and add besan flour if the batter is runny.
- The paneer patties can be served separately as a starter also.
- This paneer bread burger serves best for kitty parties as a starter.
- Any other sauce or mayonnaise can be added to the burger for extra flavor.