Cheese balls are favorite snack for all. Kids who refuse to eat also enjoy these kinds of snacks. Generally cheese balls are deep fried. Here cheese balls are made in paniyaram kadai. So less oil is used. Veggies can also be used if desired.
The step by step procedure for the potato cheese balls in paniyaram kadai is as follows. Enjoy the tasty and less oil chesse balls with tomato ketchup.
- Potato (medium) – 4
- Bread slices – 2
- Green chili – 1 (optional)
- Ginger garlic – 1 tsp
- coriander leaves – 3 sprigs
- Mixed herbs powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mozzarella cheese – 100 gms
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Wash and clean the potatoes well.
- Cut them into two halves.
- In a pressure cooker, add water, halved potatoes ad salt. Pressure cook the potatoes.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes in a plate. Allow them to cool and peel the skin.
- Add roughly chopped bread slices to it. Mash them well.
- Now add finely chopped green chili, ginger garlic paste, finely chopped coriander leaves, mixed herbs powder, turmeric powder and salt to the potato-bread mixture.
- Pinch a small portion of the mixture. Stuff the cheese cubes and make it into small balls.
- Heat the paniyaram kadai. Add few drops of oil in each holes of the kadai.
- Place the balls in each holes and cook until they are cooked.
- Flip the balls and drizzle some oil if required. Cook until they turn golden brown in colour.
- cheesy wheesy potato balls are ready.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste desired.
- For kids, green chili can be avoided and red chili powder can be used instead.
- Also, finely chopped and cooked veggies can also be added in the potato bread mixture.
Picture & Recipe Courtesy – Mrs. Jeyashree Natanmai.