Pal Poori or poori payasam serves as a yummy dessert. It can be done from left over pooris or from fresh pooris. My mom used to prepare poori often in my childhood. She will prepare this dessert for sure every time. I love this sweet. Do try and enjoy this kheer.
The poori absorbs the milk and it will turn soft. It will melt in the mouth. The step by step procedure of pal poori is as follows
- Poori – 4
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- In a pan, add milk.
- Bring it to boil.
- Meanwhile, Cut the pooris into small pieces.
- Now, add sugar to the milk and boil it for 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- Add the poori pieces and cardamom powder to it.
- Mix it well. Cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Serve it hot or chilled.
- Ghee fired cashew nuts or almonds can be topped over the poori payasam for a rich taste.
- This dessert thickens when cooled.
- If doing from fresh pooris, allow them to cool completely before starting to prepare.