Christmas is gonna come in next month. The planning and preparation are done prior itself. Here is a simple recipe for Christmas. Kids will love this as it has a chocolate taste. Please check out the NOTE section for the recipe enhancement.
The step by step procedure of this recipe is as follows.
- Ragi powder – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – (2-3) tbsp
- Granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Crushed sugar – 1/4 cup
- Dry roast the ragi powder and cocoa powder in a kadai. Roast it in a low flame until the raw smell goes. It will take a minimum of 20 minutes. Keep stirring it to avoid burning and over roasting. The ragi powder should be roasted well even after raw smell goes. Next, add granulated sugar to it. No need to caramelize the sugar.
- Now, add milk to the mixture little by little.
- Mix it well. It should not become soggy. The mixture should able to hold a ball.
- Pinch a small portion of the mixture and make them into balls.
- Crush the granulated sugar lightly in a mortor pestle.
- Dip the balls in the crushed sugar.
- Insert a tooth-pick or skewers to the balls.
- Refrigerate it for a minimum of 30 minutes or until it is firm.
- Before serving dip the balls again in the crushed sugar and enjoy.
- The amount of cocoa powder can be increased or decreased depending on the required.
- Milk powder can also be added to the mixture to get milk chocolate flavor.
- Instead of normal milk, condensed milk can be added to give a rich taste. I prefer to add condensed milk instead of normal milk.
- I crushed the sugar in a mortar pestle slightly.
- Chopped nuts or colorful sprinkles can also be used instead of sugar for the topping.