Corn has become most popular grain on the world. It is being cultivated in many countries. Also it is the most versatile of ingredients, with a universal appeal – proves its mettle once again in this lip-smacking Baby Corn Hara Masala.
It is a super quick and simple to cook. Just by sautéing baby corn with a spicy and herby hara masala transforms the mildly-flavoured vegetable into a tongue-tickling delight that you can serve either as a starter or as an accompaniment to the main course . Just make sure you serve it hot, to engage its full flavour. The recipe below is the microwave version of baby corn hara masala. It can be prepared in kadai also. Check ‘note’ section for kadai version.
- Baby corn – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato – 3 pieces
- Lemon – 4 wedges
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Green chili – 1
- Onion – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- In a mixer grinder, add roughly chopped coriander leaves, ginger, garlic cloves, green chili, roughly chopped onions and cumin seeds.
- Add little water and grind it into a fine paste.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add oil and coriander leaves mixture. Microwave it for 1 minute in high.
- Now add lengthwise chopped baby corn, salt and 2 tbsp of water to it and mix it well.
- Cover it with microwave safe lid and microwave it for 6 minutes in high.
- Finally add lemon juice and sugar. Mix it gently.
- Garnish it with sliced tomatoes and lemon wedges. Serve hot with roti or rice.
- For kadai version, heat oil in a kadai. Add the green coriander leaves paste and saute it till the raw smell goes. Next add chopped baby corn pieces, salt and water. Cook for 5 minutes. Finally sprinkle lemon juice and sugar. Mix it gently. Finally garnish with sliced tomatoes and lemon wedges.
- Adjust the salt as per the taste.
- If you want more gravy, make more paste from onion, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves.