Dosa is typical food in India. It has become popular in North India also. Here is the recipe of the yellow moong dal dosa.
This dosa taste is similar to the taste of adai. But the process is simple when compared to adai. Also it doesn’t require more time for soaking. No fermentation is required for this dosa. It is instant dosa and can be prepared in minutes. The protein rich and healthy dosa is good for our health. It can be given for toddlers also.
- Moong dal – 1 1⁄4 cups
- Raw rice – 1⁄4 cup
- Red chili – 3
- Shallots – (6-8)
- Hing – 1⁄4 tsp
- Soak the yellow moong dal and raw rice for 15-20 minutes.
- In a mixer grinder, add yellow moong dal, raw rice, hing, salt, red chili.
- Grind it into a lightly coarse batter by adding little water.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves to the yellow moong dal dosa batter.
- Add required water and mix it well. The batter should be little thin than the idli-dosa batter.
- Heat the dosa tawa. Grease the tawa with a kitchen cloth or kitchen paper tissue dipped in castor oil.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour it at the centre of the tawa. Spread the batter evenly from the centre of the tawa. Drizzle few drops of oil and cook it well.
- Once cooked flip it and cook it on the other side too.
- Transfer the dosa in a plate and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
- Chopped coconut, grated carrot, crushed pepper pods – cumin seeds can be added to the batter to enhance the flavor of the yellow moong dal dosa.
- In this recipe, red chili is used. Green chili can also be used instead of red chili.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste required.
- For crispiness, more raw rice or rice powder can be added.