- Bitter gourd – 2
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Jaggery powder – (1/2 – 1) tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Wash and clean the bitter gourd.
- Cut them into thin circles.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add the sliced bitter gourd pieces to it. Mix it well. Saute it for 2-3 minutes in high flame. Keep stirring regularly to avoid burning.
- Add salt.
- Add jaggery powder.
- Add red chili powder.
- Add cumin powder.
- Add coriander powder.
- Give a gentle stir and coat the powder well to the bitter gourd pieces. Keep frying in medium flame for 10 minutes or till desired consistency is obtained.
- Serve as a side dish with white rice.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
- Sugar can used in the place of jaggery powder.
- Garam masala powder or chat masala powder can be added for a flavor.
- For more crispiness, add 2 tbsp of oil extra.
- Keep stirring at regular interval to avoid burning.