The hot scorching sun in this summer tempts us to drink something chill. Here is a healthy yet tasty drink for this summer. Generally, ragi generates heat but the milk added will compensate that. Ragi has various health benefits. It is a rich source of calcium. The milk and ragi used in this drink makes double rich in calcium.
Check the note section for taste enhancement. Kids who hate milk and ragi will love this drink and enjoy till last drop for sure. The step by step pictorial procedure of this drink as follows.
- Ragi flour/finger millet four – (2-3) tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – (1-2) tbsp
- Cold milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – As per the taste
- In a pan or kadai, add ragi flour.
- Add water little by little and mix it well so that there is no lumps is formed.
- Cook it in low flame till the mixture thickens. Keep stirring at regular intervals to avoid burning. Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- Add cocoa powder to it. Mix it well.
- In a blender, add the ragi-cocoa powder mixture, sugar and milk.
- Blend it till creamy.
- Pour it in a glass and serve chill.
- White sugar can be replaced with brown sugar, jaggery powder or cane sugar.
- If preferred, the ragi-cocoa drink can be topped with whipped cream.
- Few drops of vanilla essence can be added for flavor enhancement.
- Honey can also be added along white sugar for a good taste.
- You can top the drink with chopped nuts also.
- Vegans can go for almond milk or coconut milk instead of cow’s milk.
- For extra cooling, few ice cubes can also be added.