Chili Prawn fry recipe is a sea food dish tried by me and prawns fry is shallow fried in little bit of oil and I must say the recipe which has been made has turned out amazing.
I basically try my hands at fish and when I started trying my hands on prawn fry I was amazed that it tasted very well. Therefore, I decided to share this sea food recipe with my blog readers to try it out and share with your family and friends. Prawn fry recipe is shallow fried with the basic spices and its an instant dish that can be made in few minutes. But, the most important point in making a prawn recipe is cleaning and deveining the prawns.
Once that is done, the prawn recipes don’t require lots of time and are quite simple dishes. There are lots of videos available on the procedure to clean prawns.
Extracting the vein is quite important in cleaning prawns for prawn fry. Sea food is mostly prepared in coastal regions and is mostly loved by the people in Bengal region.
Fish and prawns are the common sea food dishes that are preferred across the country. Prawns can also be called as shrimp or shrimps and are so delicate in handling and to touch.
One needs to master the art of deveining it, then they can be made in no time. Prawn fry can be used as a starter or can be eaten along with dal rice…
Rainy season is the best time to make sea food as the wonderful and pleasant weather increases our craving to make amazing sea food recipes like fish fry or prawn fry or their curries.
Let us learn to make this simple and yummy dish of prawn fry with detailed steps along with the video recipe…
Cleaning the prawns: Run a small sharp knife down the back of the prawn, and pull the meat apart enough to expose the vein. Pull the end of the vein up with the tip of the knife, grab it with your fingers and pull it off.
- Prawn – 1⁄2 kg
- Salt – 1⁄2 tsp
- Green chili – 2
- Red chili powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Clean the prawns well. De-vein the prawns and wash it again in a bowl full of water. Drain the excess water.
- In a mixing bowl, add the prawns and salt.
- Next add ginger garlic paste , green chili to the prawns.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Mix the whole mixture well so that the prawns get coated well with the masala.
- Rest the mixture in the refrigerator and marinate it for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Take a frying wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add the prawns into the heated oil.
- Stir the mixture well with the oil and stir it delicately.
- Give a nice mix.
- Cook the prawns for about 10 -15 minutes and give a stir in between.
- Prawns fry is done.
- Lemon juice can be sprinkled over the prawns once they are cooked.
- Coriander leaves and curry leaves can be used for a flavor and garnishing.
- De-veining the prawn is very important and time consuming process.
- Prawns cook faster. Over cooking of prawns can make it tough.
- Don’t add water while marinating just toss it else it will become watery and the masala will not be coated well. Also more oil will be consumed.