Toffee, candy, chocolates are kids favorite. Here is the recipe for the butter toffee. Treat your kids with homemade butter toffee. This toffee is very easy to prepare. The ingredients are also commonly used items only.I got this recipe from a Tamil cook book. Found it interesting, so noted in my to-do-list. When I gave a try it turned out well. The toffee was chewy and juicy.
- All purpose flour/maida – 200 gms
- Sugar – 500 gms
- Milk – 1/4 litre
- Butter – 100 gms
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 tbsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, sieve the maida and cocoa powder.
- Mix it well.
- Add milk to it.
- Stir it well into a homogenous paste. Avoid lumps if any.
- Heat it in medium flame. Now, Add sugar to it.
- Next, add butter to it.
- Mix it well. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel. Keep stirring at regular intervals to avoid burning.
- Meanwhile, grease a wide and deep plate with butter.
- Transfer the mixture in the plate. Allow it to cool.
- Cut them into desired shape and size. Chewy homemade butter toffee is ready.
- Do stir at regular intervals to avoid burning. It will quickly stick to the bottom. Use non-stick pan or a heavy bottomed pan.(If you feel like not to take risk, then go for non-stick pan).
- The toffee can be rolled into any shape(square, rectangle, cylindrical or round) as per your choice.
- It stays well for 2-3 weeks if refrigerated in a air tight container.