Kids dish are always tasty but when coming to health it is not that good. Here is a kid’s recipe which is tasty and healthy. Apart from that, it is very easy and simple to prepare. It requires only basic ingredients. Though we use red chili in this recipe, it is not so spicy.
For other spicy pori recipe, click kara pori.
- Pori/Puffed rice/Murmura – 4 cups
- Raw peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Garlic pods – (3-4)
- Red chili – 3
- Turmeric powder – (3/4 – 1) tsp
- Oil – (2-3) tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add whole garlic pods to it.
- Add red chili to it.
- Add raw peanuts to it. Fry the peanuts well.
- Now, add turmeric powder and saute for few seconds.
- Finally, add the puffed rice to it.
- Stir it gently till the turmeric mixture gets coated well with the puffed rice.
- Serve or store it in an air tight container.
- This version of murmura will be less spicy. If you want it to be spicy, few red chilies can be added more.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the requirement. Murmura has salt in it, so no need to add salt. If have doubt on the amount of salt, taste the plain pori and add little salt if required.
- Roasted gram can also be added instead of peanuts.