Pepper fry in naatu kozhi is an authentic chettinad recipe. It is a very spicy dish. Non vegetarians love this dish. It is a mouth watering dish too. It makes a delicious combo with RICE, CHAPATI and PAROTA. We can have it as a starter also. The taste of country chicken pepper fry differ from that of broiler chicken fry.
Usually the country chicken has less flesh. We need the select the chicken pieces carefully before the preparation. It is a famous dish in many restaurants. The garlic adds nice aroma to the chicken.
The preparation is very simple. The ingredients used are also available in home always. So we can do this dish quickly. We don’t use garam masala in this recipe so we won’t feel very heavy after eating the chicken.
Click here for Naatu Kozhi Kozhambu/Curry
- Big onion – (4-6)
- Green chili – 3
- Garlic cloves – (5-6)
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
TO PRESSURE COOK
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili -2
- In a pressure cooker add chicken, turmeric powder, red chili, water and pressure cook it for 15-20 minutes.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add fennel seeds and allow it to splutter.Then add chopped garlic, green chili and curry leaves. Saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped onion to it and cook it till the onion turns light brown.
- Add the pressure cooked chicken to the onion.
- Add curd, red chili powder,pepper powder and salt to it and saute it for 5 minutes.Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Pressure cook chicken, turmeric powder, red chili for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add fennel seeds to it.
- When it splutters add chopped garlic, green chili, curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions when the garlic turns light brown.
- Once the onion is cooked well add pressure cooked chicken.
- Add curd, salt, red chili powder and pepper powder.
- Saute till the desired consistency is obtained.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- If the chicken is not cooked well, pressure cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Adjust the spice and salt as per the requirement.