CHILLI CHAPATTI : Maida has become a vital ingredient for many dishes
We all goto the restaurants at weekends and in occasions. Chili parotta is one of the dishes in the list which we order in the hotels. Even kids like to eat chili parotta though it is spicy. We can do chili parotta in home itself. We can serve it as a evening snack for kids. But parottas are made from maida. It is tasty but while considering the health, maida is not that healthy.
Maida has become a vital ingredient for many dishes. We can use wheat as an alternative foe maida for few dishes. We can’t completely avoid maida. At the same time we can’t eat maida frequently. So we can use wheat in the place of maida and prepare delicious and healthy dishes.
I have tried chili chapatti at home. This was a trial as few chapattis were left out after all having our breakfast. It was boring to eat the chapatti for second time. Chili chapatti stuck my mind and i gave a try. The recipe for the chili chapatti is given below……..
SERVES – 1
- Chapatti – 2
- Big Onion – 1 large sized
- Tomato – 1 medium sized
- Curry leaves – 1 tsp
- Chicken masala powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Salt – As per the requirement
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add finely chopped onions to it.
- Add chopped green chili and curry leaves to it. Saute till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes to it. Cook till the oil oozes out.
- Now, add chicken masala powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix it well and saute for 1-2 minute(s).
- Add the chopped chapatti pieces to it.
- Mix it well. Fry it for 1 minute.
- Finally, garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Yummy chili chapatti is ready. It tastes exactly as chili parota. As it is made from wheat it is healthier than maida parota.
- More chopped onions can be added. It will taste better.
- If required, you can avoid green chili for kids and who want it be less spicy. Red chili powder can be added instead.
- The chapattis can be deep fried in oil if we want it be crispy. Since I want it to be less oily I didn’t deep fry the chapattis.