Idli is one the most common dishes in South India. It is cooked in water vapor. It is a oil-less dish. According to WHO idli is considered as the best dish for breakfast. The protein in the dal and the carbohydrate in the rice provides energy required for the entire day. Idli goes well with all types of CHUTNEY and SAMBHAR.
- Idli/Dosa batter – 3 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- In idli handa add water and allow it to boil.
- Meanwhile, take the IDLI/DOSA batter.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the every hole of the idli handa.
- Close the batter with the cloth.
- Close the lid and cook it for 12 minutes.Fluffy idli is ready.
- Idli handa comes with two plates with 3 or 5 holes.
- We need cloth to cook idli.
- Damp the clothes and spread it over both the plates and then we should pour the batter in the holes.
- The batter in the lower plate should be covered by another cloth.
- The batter in the upper plate no need to be covered.
- Once the idli is cooked reverse the cloth with idli and sprinkle water over the cloth and remove the idli.
- The above step will make the idli to be removed neatly.