Hi all,This post tells u how to make Rubbin….Rubbin/lubbin is a typical Sourashtra cuisine.The major ingredient Rubin is Gooseberry which is called as Nellika in Tamil.
Basically gooseberry is very good for health.Vitamin C is high in gooseberry.It is a good anti-oxidant,good for anemia.It helps in hair growth,purifies the blood and etc.Also a special feature of gooseberry is that it will never loose its benefit in any form.We can cut,fry or steam it.Its benefit never gets lost.
- Gooseberry/Nellika/Amla(Big) – 10
- Ginger – 1/4 cup
- Garlic – (18-20)
- Green chili – 5
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per required
- Wash and clean the gooseberries well. Cut them into small pieces and discard the seeds.
- In a mixer grinder, add the chopped gooseberries, chopped ginger , garlic pods, green chili hing and salt.
- Grind it into a smooth paste without adding water.
- Steam the gooseberries.If using an oven make few holes on all sides before steaming. Grind it along with other ingredients. This is increase the shelf life of the pickle.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients as per the requirement.
- Store the pickle in an air tight container and refrigerate it.
- The color of the pickle will change if exposed to air for more time.
- Use a clean and dry spoon at every use. Wooden spoon or plastic spoon goes well.
- Salt acts as a preservative.So no artificial preservative is required.