We use the batter for making the main dishes such as idli and dosa. But we can make chutney with batter. It is an instant chutney. It doesn’t require mixer grinder. This chutney can be prepared in minutes and least ingredients. It tastes good and different. This is my aunt’s recipe.
Check out our other chutney varieties….. tomato chutney, onion chutney, coconut chutney, brinjal chutney, idly shop style sambhar, ginger chutney, carrot chutney, bombay chutney, mint chutney, horse gram thovaiyal, Buna chenna idli podi, coriander seed chutney, curd plantain stem, sesame idli powder, thoor dal chutney, peanut chutney, sesame chutney and onion-coconut chutney
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Idli/dosa batter – 1 ladle
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 1⁄2 cups
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprig
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds to it and allow it to splutter.
- Add urad dal to it and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Then add slit green chili, curry leaves and finely chopped onion.
- When onion turns transparent add chopped tomato and saute it till the oil oozes out.
- Then add red chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add water and batter to it and mix it immediately.
- Add salt and cook it for 15-20 minutes in low flame.
- When it thickens turn off the flame.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.