Puttu/Porial with fish may sound strange. But the taste will make you to empty the plate. Fish fry is the most common recipe which all do with fish. But deep fry needs more oil.
So fish puttu is a beat recipe for those who don’t want to eat deep fried food. This is a diet recipe but tasty too. The recipe is very simple to prepare.
I’am bored of doing fish fry every time. So i surfed for different dish with fish. Fish puttu attracted me. I tried fish puttu with few alterations and it came out very well. I found many tried fish puttu with Shark but I tried with Basa fillet.
Enjoy the less oil fish recipe.
- Basa fillet – 400 gms
- Shallots – (15-18)
- Garlic pods – 3 (small)
- Curry leaves 2 sprig
- Green chili – 2
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1⁄2 tbsp
- Mustar seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1⁄2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Salt -1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil water in a pan and add the fillets to it.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook it for 5-6 minutes in low flame.
- Strain the excess water and allow the fish to cool.
- Crush the fish with hands and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds,urad dal, garlic pods, green chili, curry leaves and shallots one by one.
- Once the onion becomes light brown add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and pepper. Mix it well.
- Now add the crushed fillets to it and give a gentle stir.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
- Cooking time of the fish may be different.
- Spices can be altered if wished.
- Only fillets can be used to do fish puttu.