Enjoy the festive season with homemade carrot halwa….
- Carrot – 600 gms
- Milk – 1 liter
- Sugar – 400 gms
- Khoya – 200 gms
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – (12-15)
- Wash the carrots and grate it.
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed vessel/pressure cooker and add the grated carrot to it. Allow it to boil. Cook it in low flame or pressure cook for 2 whistles till the milk reduces and gets evaporated. Keep stirring in between.
- Next add sugar and khoya to it. Mix it well.
- Add ghee when the water content is reduced. Cook it till the halwa consistency is obtained.
- Finally heat ghee in a kadai and add cashew nuts to it. When it turns light brown, pour it over the halwa and mix it.