Chicken is the most favorite dish of many people. Here is the recipe for quick chicken curry. There is no compromise in the taste.
Most of the chicken curry recipe has tomato for a tangy flavor. But in this recipe tomato is not used. The coriander powder gives extra taste to the chicken.
This is a must try recipe. Sure you will like it. It goes well with rice, roti and dosa. Rice is the best combination. We can have it as a side dish with rice by making the water in the curry to evaporate. It can also be used as a main course with rice by leaving the curry as such with water.
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Shallots – (25-30)
- Garlic – 15 pods
- Red chili – (5-7)
- Pepper corns – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 6 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 6 tsp
- Gingelly oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – (1⁄2 – 1) cup
- Grind the red chili, pepper corns, cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker/kadai, add chopped garlic to it.
- Next add chopped onion and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cleaned chicken pieces to it and saute till the chicken becomes white.
- Add the powdered ingredients to the chicken and stir it well.
- Finally add water and pressure cook it for 1 whistle in high flame and for 1 whistle in low flame.
- If the coriander seed is not available, coriander powder can be used.