Poha is a simple and easy dish. We can do variety of dishes using poha. Here is the recipe for tomato flavored poha. It is nothing but tomato rice prepared from aval.
If we have the tomato mix at home then we can prepare this dish within 2 minutes. Tiffin in 2 minutes saves our time.
Ready mix is available in many shops. Those mix can also be used. Working women and bachelors can prepare the mix previous day and use it in the morning. This mix can be stored in refrigerator upto 5 days.
- Aval 2 cups
- Tomato – 3
- Shallots – (10-12)
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic – (2-3) pods
- Mint leaves – 1⁄4 cup
- Green chili – (1-2)
- Garam masala – 1⁄2 tsp
- Salt – 3 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Grind the shallots, ginger-garlic, green chili and tomato separately in a mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add ginger garlic paste, onion paste, green chili paste and chopped mint leaves. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato paste, garam masala powder and salt to it and mix it well. Cook till the oil separates.
- Wash the poha well to remove the dust.
- Drain the excess water and add the poha to the tomato mix without squeezing the poha.
- Add turmeric powder and mix it well. Cook it for 3-4 minutes in low flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.