Crispy dishes are all time favorite for foodies. Here is a tasty seppankilangu fry recipe. The ingredients used here are just dry powders. It serves as a great starter and also as a perfect side dish for moor kuzambu, sambhar rice, rasam rice and curd rice.
- Seppankilangu – 250 gms
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – (2-3) tbsp
- Salt – 1⁄2 tbsp
- Wash the taro root well to remove the dirt. In a kadai, add water, salt and the taro root.
- Close it with a lid and cook it for 15-20 minutes. Don’t over cook it.
- Once they are cooked allow it to cool.
- Peel the skin of the taro root.
- Cut it into 4 halves.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add the chopped taro root once the oil is hot. Fry it well.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder an coriander powder to it.
- Mix it well. Cook it well for 20 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- The taro root should not be mushy after cooked.
- It can be pressure cooked for 2 whistles instead of cooking in a kadai.
- Taro root can be deep fried for more crispiness.
- Instead of deep frying I have added 2-3 tbsp oil extra.