Kambu is highly nutritious. The porridge prepared from pearl millet has no oil in it. It aids in weight loss as it is a stomach filling dish. So it will control the appetite.
Bajra/Kambu is guilt free and is full of vitamins and minerals. The cost of kambu is very cheap and is easily available in markets. It cools our body. So it is best to drink it in summer. 1-2 glass of kambu kanji will keep us energetic whole day and helps to manage weight. It is very easy to prepare….
- Kambu – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Butter milk – 1 1⁄2 cups
- Salt – 1⁄2 tbsp
- Dry roast the kambu in a kadai.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind it into a coarse powder using mixer grinder.
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel, add kambu powder and mix it with little water to avoid lumps. Add the remaining water to it. Stir it well.
- Cook it for 15-20 minutes in low flame. Stir it occasionally.
- Add salt and butter milk to the porridge before drinking.
- Mix it well. Healthy porridge is ready to drink.
- Keep stirring it occasionally to avoid sticking it to the bottom and forming lumps.
- Water can be added as per the consistency desired.
- Salt can be adjusted as per the taste.
- Butter milk can be prepared by mixing 2-3 tbsp of curd in 1 cup of water.