Noodles is most favorite dish for kids…Instant noodles fills the hungry belly of many bachelors and students. But noodles not are that healthy. The instant noodles packed in a pastic cover has various issues. One solution for this is vermicelli noodles.
Though the taste of the vermicelli noodles is not upto instant noodles it is still tasty and healthy. The taste difference is because of ajinomoto. Try this at home and enjoy the dish with kids. We can have it as diner or breakfast. It can be served as a snacks for kids.
- vermicelli – 2 1⁄2 cups
- Carrot, beans, green peas – 14 cup
- Capsicum – 3 tbsp
- Masala powder – 2 tsp
- Water – (5-6) cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Take water in a kadai. Add vermicelli, 1⁄2 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil. Cook it for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add all the chopped veggies and saute it.
- Once the veggies become soft add salt and masala powder and mix it.
- Finally add the cooked vermicelli to the veggies.
- Sir it carefully. Serve it with tomato ketchup.
- Veggies of any combination can be added. Mainly shredded cabbage can be added. It gives a chinese flavor to the dish.
- Also spring onions can be used for garnishing.
- The oil used while cooking vermicelli will avoid the vermicelli strands not to become clumsy.
- I used ching’s fried mix which is available in super markets. Any masala powder of your choice can be used.