Mint/Pudina is a familiar herb and widely used all over the world. For salads to biriyani mint is used for its unique flavor and benefits.
It has various health benefits. It improves oral health and removes the bad breath. It is a quick and effective remedy for nausea. It also aids to get rid of acne. It clears up congestion of nose,throat and lungs. It helps to lose weight in a healthy way. It inhibits the release of histamines that causes allergies and high fever.
It has the ability to prevent cancer. It is a natural stimulant and relives fatigue and depression. Study says people using mint frequently have higher memory retention and alertness. It also promotes digestion.
Pudina is loaded with antioxidants and phytonurients and hence helps keep stomach cramps and acidity at bay.Mint leaves has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps soothe skin infections. Mint juice acts as an excellent skin cleanser.Since pudina has a very strong aroma, it gets to stimulate your brain functioning and helps cure nausea.Mint leaves are a great remedy to relieve the pain caused during menstrual cramps.
100g of mint leaves has 66% of iron and 81% of vitamin A. Pudina can be combined with many vegetables and fruits. It can be consumed as salads or healthy drink. Here is the recipe for pudina/mint lassi. It is very easy to prepare. Mint is a super cooling herb. Pudina/Mint along with curd cools our body internally.
- Curd – 1⁄2 cup
- Salt – 1⁄4 tsp
- Fresh mint leaves – (2-3) sprigs
- Water – 1 cup
- Ice cubes (optional) – (4-5)
- Take a blender. Add all the ingredients and blend till it becomes smooth.
- Another method to prepare mint lassi is to add curd, water and salt in a bowl. Then add crushed mint leaves to it and blend it with a wooden churner.
- Top it with ice cubes and serve it.
- Ice water or clay pot water can be used instead of ice cubes.
- If cooling is not preferred it can be served plain.
Source for the health benefits of Mint/pudina leaves – https://www.organicfacts.net/