Cucumber raita is again a very simple, easy and tasty dish. It is really good to have during summer. The cucumber has lot of water content in it. It is a great cooling agent. Cucumber along with yogurt has a amazing cooling effect.
The cucumber has various health benefits. It aids in weight loss, keeps us hydrated, flushes the toxins from our body, controls the heat both outside and inside our body and etc. It is used for beauty purpose also. It is used as face packs and placed over eyes to readuce the dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
Cucumber raita goes well with rice, roti, ofcourse all varieties of biriyani and pulao. It can be served as a salad too.
Do not squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber while grating. The nutritional values of cucumber gets lost. If you feel like more water of cucumber getting wasted in grating it is better to cut the cucumber into small pieces.
- Medium sized cucumber – 1
- Curd / Yogurt – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Chat masala powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Rock salt or black salt or plain salt – 1⁄4 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs
- Wash and clean the cucumber.
- Peel the cucumber sin and finely chop it. If desired cucumber can also be grated.
- Take a bowl. Whisk or beat the curd with a churner.
- Add the chopped or grated cucumber to the curd.
- Now add chat masala powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and salt to it. Mix it well.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Cucumber raita can be served plain just with salt and curd also.
- The spices used can be altered as per the taste required.