Many of us don’t prepare fish curry as it will take more time for preparation and cooking. But it is not the fact. It may be not as simple as a fry with a instant fry mix but it is healthy and tasty.
The recipe given below is prepared with simple ingredients. As both tomato and tamarind pulp is used, the curry will be tangy.
- Fish – 300 gms
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 3
- Tamarind pulp – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Tomato – 3 pieces
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add fennel seeds and ginger-garlic paste to it. Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Next add chopped onions to it.
- Once the onion becomes golden brown, add curry leaves.
- Now add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt to it. Saute till the tomato becomes mushy.
- Then add coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Transfer the mixture to a mixer grinder.
- Grind it into a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile for tempering, heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds to it.
- Once the mustard seed splutters add curry leaves.
- Next add the grind mixture to it.
- Now add the tomato pieces.
- Add little water to it and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the washed fish pieces to it. Cook it for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Yummy fish curry is ready to serve hot with rice.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
- Any kind of fish can be used.
- If desired coconut can also be added to the mixture. Saute and grind it along the tomato mixture.
- Coconut oil can be replaced for refined oil while cooking this dish. It will give a added flavor to the dish.