Quick & Oil Free Tengai Uppu Kozhukattai Recipe(Coconut Dumplings)
Dumplings are famous in India and China. Both sweet and spicy versions of dumpling are prepared. Here is the plain salt dumplings recipe with coconut.
This is an oil free dumpling. It is easy to prepare. It serves as a perfect snack for kids. The recipe is as follows. Check note section for a variation.
- Rice flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut – 1/2 coconut shell
- In a mixer grinder, add the coconut pieces.
- Grind it.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the rice flour, salt and grind coconut.
- Mix it well and knead it into a dough with water.
- Pinch a small portion of the dough and roll it. Press it slightly with fingers. Repeat the same for remaining dough. Place them in idli handa.
- Cook them in steam for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve the kozhukattai plain or with idli/dosa powder.
- Tempering can also be added to it. For tempering, heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, split urad dal, channa dal, hing and finely chopped curry leaves. Green chili is optional. Add the tempering to the rice flour along with coconut and knead it.
- It should be consumed on same day as it contains coconut.