- Ragi flour / Finger millet – 1 cup
- Grated or powdered jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Almonds/Badam – 10
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add chopped cashew nuts and chopped almonds to it. Fy till it becomes light brown. Keep it aside.
- Add ragi flour to the same kadai and roast up to 8-10 minutes on a medium flame till the raw smell goes away. keep stirring it continuously.
- Now add the powdered jaggery and mix well. Cook it in low flame for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and remove from heat.
- Add cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts and almonds to it and mix well.
- Once the mixture becomes warm or the heat is bearable , take a small portion of it and make them into ladoos. If ladoos break down, add 1-2 tbsp of melted ghee and roll them into balls.
- If preferred. powdered white sugar can be used instead of jaggery powder.
- This ladoo lasts up to 10 days if stored in a clean & dry air tight container.
- Do not touch the ladoo with wet hands. Also, do not contaminate the ladoo container to ensure the life of the ladoos.
- If the ladoos will be consumed within 2 days, little milk can be used while shaping the ladoos and also the ghee can be reduced.