- White Peas – 1 cup (dried variety)
- Raw Mango – 5 tbsp (grated or chopped lengthwise)
- Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs (chopped finely)
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Wash and rinse the peas. Soak peas overnight or atleast for 8 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked peas and water.
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistles. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds allow it to crackle and add hing.
- Now, cooked peas immediately.
- Next add red chilli powder, required salt and give a stir.
- Add raw mango, coconut and mix well till its blended well
- . Then add chopped coriander leaves and switch it off.
- Best when served hot!
- Finely chopped onions can be used for added flavour. Do not let the onions turn soft, it should be crunchy. Else you can add it raw at the final stage with coriander leaves.
- You can also add some grated carrots and raw mango while serving for a kick.
- You can even add green chilli paste instead of red chilli powder.