Idli/Dosa podi is favorite of many of people. It goes well with idli & dosa. It gives a hand when there is no chutney or sambar at home. The idli/dosa podi should be mixed with gingely/sesame oil. There are many versions and ratio for this podi.
Here is the recipe for roasted gram podi. It is a super quick idli/dosa podi. It can be prepared in a jiffy. It can also be mixed with rice along with melted ghee.
- Roasted gram/Pottukadalai – 1 cup
- Red chili/Lal mirchi – 5
- Hing/Perungayum/Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Rock salt/Motta namak – 1/2 tsp
- Dried curry leaves – 15 (optional)
- In a mixer grinder, add roasted gram, red chili, hing and salt.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Transfer it in an air-tight container.
- This podi tastes best when mixed with melted ghee. It can be mixed with gingely oil if wished.
- This podi goes well with raw rice dumplings, salt dumplings, mullu murungai leaves fritters, curry leaves fritters and raw rice coconut fritters.