Side dish recipes always have a great response from the readers. We always want something new and tasty with well known and available ingredients. Here is one such side dish recipe for roti varieties.
When I was confused about side dish for roti, I scanned my fridge and pantry. The baby corn was there in my fridge for more than 2 days. So thought of doing a curry out of it. Later found potato also. So made a combo gravy.
Baby corn is widely used in recent times. Potato is a favorite and tasty vegetable. When both are combined, the taste of the gravy is elevated. The step by step pictorial procedure of this recipe is as follows.
- Baby corn – 6
- Boiled potato (small) – 3
- Onion(small) – 2
- Tomato (small) – 3
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Clove – 2
- Cardamom pods – 2
- Cinnamon stick – a small piece
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 1/2 piece
- Chicken kebab powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- In a mixer grinder, add fennel seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Grind it without adding water.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Grind it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add fennel seeds to it. Allow it to splutter.
- Next, add chopped onion to it. Saute till it becomes light golden brown.
- Now, add chopped baby corn to it. Saute it well for 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- Add the ground paste, tandoori powder and chat masala powder to the onion-baby corn mixture. Saute till oil oozes out.
- Add boiled potato water and salt to it.
- Mix it well.
- Cook in low flame till the gravy thickens.
- Finally, garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste required.
- Also, adjust the consistency of the gravy as per the requirement. Here, I have prepared a thick gravy. If you want the gravy to be little water, add water and seasoning.
- To enhance the flavor or for another version, ginger, garlic and coconut can be used.