Kachana sundal is a Sourashtra snack or side dish. It is crispy and crunchy. It can be prepared in minutes.
I like it very much. But I have prepared it once only. I have almost forgotten this dish. When we visited my sister in law home, she asked whether I have posted it on the website. So thought of posting it now.
It can be served as a snack or as a side dish for rice varieties. It usually goes well with kozhambu rice. The step by step of kachana sundal or brown chickpea is as follows.
- Brown chickpea – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- In a kadai, add the brown chickpea.
- Fry till it becomes dark brown and crackles. The size of the chickpea will be reduced after frying.
- Meanwhile, add salt and water in a bowl. Mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Turn off the flame and immediately sprinkle the salt water over the fried brown chickpea.
- Stir it well. Allow it to cool.
- Crunchy brown chickpea is ready!!!! Serve as a snack or as a side dish for kuzhambu rice.
- Kachana sundal will harden once cooled.
- If u want the kachana sundal to be soft, then sprinkle little more water over it.