Millets are more nutritious than the regular all purpose flour. Millets can be used in many forms. Here cookies are made out from the millet flour. Also, white sugar is not used in this recipe.
Enjoy the fibre in every bite of this home-baked healthy cookies.
- Millet flour – 1/4 cup(Any millet flour can be used)
- Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
- Palm sugar or Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Milk or water – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp
- In a mixer grinder, add the palm sugar.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Sieve the powdered palm sugar. This is to remove the small pieces of palm sugar which are not powdered well.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and powdered palm sugar. Whisk it well.
- Now, add vanilla essence to it and again whisk it. Keep it aside.
- Sieve the millet flour and wheat flour together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter-palm sugar mixture little by little. Whisk or mix it well till it is smooth.
- Then, add milk to soften the dough, but take care not to add more milk, as the dough may become runny.
- Roll the dough out and make small equal sized balls.
- Flatten the ball in the palm of your hand to round shape.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper or grease it with butter.
- Arrange the cookies. Maintain a gap between the cookies.
- Preheat the oven and bake these cookies at 180° Celsius for 10 minutes, do check in between as the cookies cook very fast and we don’t want a burnt cookie. Your cookie is ready if the edges turn to light brown.
- Cool in Wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- The consistency of the dough is important for perfect baking. Add milk little by little to make sure that the dough is not runny.
- The size and shape of the cookies can be changed as per the choice. It is not preferable to make a thick and large cookie as it will take more time to bake.
- For kids, chopped nuts can be mixed to the dough.