Kadai paneer is one od the dish which we very often choose in restaurants. This kadai paneer has a unique taste. The soft paneer with crunchy bell pepper and tangy tomatoes will surely satisfy not only our hunger pangs but also out taste buds. Treat yourself and your family members with this recipe.
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion – 2
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 4
- Capsicum – 1/2
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As per taste required
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – (3-4) sprigs
- Wash and clean the paneer.
- Cut them into cubes.
- Place it in hot water till usage.
- Chop the capsicum into pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a kadai.
- Shallow fry the capsicum. Keep it aside. Capsicum should maintain it’s crunchiness.
- Heat the oil in the kadai.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it. Saute till raw smell goes.
- Then, add onions to it. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix it well. Cook it in low flame till the tomatoes becomes mushy.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and allow it to boil.
- Now, add shallow fried capsicum and cubed paneer. Give a gentle stir. Let the paneer and capsicum get coated with Gravy.
- Garnish with kasoori methi by rubbing against your palms. Finally, garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapati, roti and pulao varieties.
- Shallow frying the capsicum gives crunchiness to the dish.
- If using store bought paneer, place it in hot water till usage.
- If the paneer is soft and fresh, it will absorb the flavour well.
- Saute tomatoes till it turns mushy.