Pancakes is a western food. It is consumed for breakfast. It is kind of sweet dosa. Pancakes are made from all purpose flour. Here pancakes are prepared from the whole wheat flour. The step by step procedure of this recipe is as follows.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Plain Oats – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Flax seeds mixture – 2 tbsp of flax seeds + 6 tbsp of water
- Ripe banana – 1
- Milk – 2 cups
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Honey – to drizzle on top
- Walnuts – to sprinkle on top
- In a mixer grinder, add the plain oats.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, baking powder, poppy seeds, powdered oats and salt. Mix it well.
- In another mixing bowl, add banana, Mash it well.
- Now, add flax seeds mixture, milk, honey, vanilla extract. Give a gentle stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little. Mix it well to avoid lumps. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Grease a tawa or pan with little oil. Pour 2 full ladles of batter in the pan.
- Cover the pan, and cook the pancakes on low flame.
- Flip it and cook on both sides till slightly browned.
- Stack the pancakes on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with honey, and top with walnuts.
- Serve warm.
- Instead of flax seeds mixture, 2 eggs can be used.
- Honey can be replaced with maple syrup.
- The pancake can also be topped with chopped almonds and chopped cashew nuts.