Pineapple is a most favorite dish of many. It is mine favorite too. My husband once had grilled pineapple in barbeque nation here in Bangalore. He liked the different taste of the pineapple, so we wanted to give a try and bought a pineapple. We planned to go my sil home suddenly. So tried this grilled pineapple in her kitchen.
On surfing in net, I found this recipe. It is very easy to prepare. Enjoy the pineapple taste with a twist. Here is the step by step pictorial procedure of the barbeque style grilled pineapple.
- Pineapple – 1
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Peel the skin of the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple into triangle pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add red chili powder, salt and oil. Mix it well.
- Brush or apply the red chili powder-salt paste evenly over the pineapple pieces.
- Place the pineapple pieces carefully on the grill stand.
- Grill it for 10 minutes on both the sides.
- I tawa fried the remaining pieces. It is optional. There was a slight difference in the taste of the grilled and tawa fried pineapple.
- Barbeque nation style grilled pineapple is ready to serve.
- It can be served as pieces or in skewers.
- Any unflavored oil can be used. Olive oil suits well for this dish.
- Fully ripe or overripe pineapple doesn’t gives good taste to this dish.
- I have used kashmiri chili for a bright color.
- Adjust the salt and red chili powder as per the taste.
- In grill, the color of the pineapple remains same. Whereas, in tawa fry, small black spots will be found as a result of frying.