Broccoli is a plant which resembles cauliflower. It is available in different colors. It has various health benefits. It helps in weight reduction, lowers cholesterol, great anti-oxidant, fights cancer and rich in calcium.
Here is a variety rice prepared from broccoli with least ingredients. It can be prepared in no time. It is less spicy so suits well for kids. If you are bored of left over rice, then make it delicious & flavorful in minutes.
Checkout, other variety rice recipes…..tomato rice, lemon rice, peas biriyani, ghee rice, cumin-pepper rice, coconut milk-peas rice , tomato aval, oats ven pongal, Chicken Biryani – Thalappakatti, mutton rice, mashed tamarind rice, raw mango rice, schezwan fried rice, veg pulao, dal kichadi, saamai ven pongal, greem gram kichadi,ven pongal, mustard pongal, mushroom biriyani, jaggery pongal and ven pongal.
- Broccoli florets – 1 1/2 cups
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Garlic pods – (3-4)
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – (1-1 1/2) tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds to it. Allow it to splutter.
- Add cumin seeds to it. Let it crackle.
- Now, add chopped garlic pods to it.
- Add onions sliced lengthwise. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the broccoli florets to it.
- Add required salt to it.
- Add pepper powder to it. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally. add cooked rice to it.
- Give a gentle stir to coat the onion mixture to the rice.
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the requirement.
- If preferred, green chili can be used for hotness.
- Mixed vegetables can also be used along with broccoli. But the flavor of the rice will be different.
- Feel free to add any other ingredients if preferred. Ginger-garlic paste and garam masala items can be added. But this recipe gives simple and unique flavor to the dish.
- Any kind of rice can be used to prepare this dish.
- Do not over cook the broccoli. It will loose it’s benefits. The broccoli should be crunchy.