Podi idly/idli is a quick and healthy snack/tiffin prepared from idli. It can be prepared in minutes. Podi idli with hot cup of chai makes a perfect snack for this rainy and cold evening.
- Idli – 5
- Onion – 1
- Idli/dosa powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Cut the idli into small cubes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped onions to it. Saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Now, add idli/dosa powder.
- Finally, add the cubed idli pieced to it.
- Mix well to coat the idli/dosa powder to the idli pieces. Fry it for (1-2) minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If not preferred onions can be avoided.
- Idli cubes can be fried in oil prior to get crispy and tasty podi idli.
- The quantity of idli/dosa powder can be altered depending on the spiciness of the powder.
- I have not added salt to the onion as the idli and chutney powder has salt in it. If required, little salt can be added.