The mullu murungai ilai dosa is a simple and tasty dosa. A small variation from normal dosa makes this yummy and healthy dosa in minutes.
I have already posted mullu murungai iali vadai (fritters). Here is another recipe with mullu murungai keerai. It is equally tasty like the vadai. To avoid deep fry my mil tried this recipe. It came out well. So I tired it and clicked this recipe. My husband and kiddo enjoyed this dosa. The green color will attract the kids.
The step by step pictorial procedure of this recipe is as follows.
Check other mullu murungai keerai recipe…. mullu murungai iali vadai (fritters).
Check other dosa recipes….dosa, wheat dosa, oats dosa, beetroot podi dosa, moong dal dosa, ragi kara dosa, spicy watermelon rind dosa, alagar kovil dosa, palkova dosa, coconut dosa, egg dosa, onion-rava dosa, adai and palm jaggery dosa.
- Mullu murungai ilai – 15 leaves
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Black pepper pods – 3/4 tsp
- Idli/dosa batter – 1 cup
- Salt – As per the taste
- Clean the mullu murungai leaves. Remove the thick veins in the leaves. Wash the leaves and keep it aside.
- In a mixer grinder, add cumin seeds.
- Add black pepper pods. Grind it.
- Now add half of the leaves to the mixer grinder and grind it. Add the remaining leaves to it and grind it again.
- Add little water to it and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Transfer it in a bowl.
- Add idli/dosa batter to the ground paste.
- Mix it well.
- Heat dosa tawa.
- Take a ladle full of batter.
- Spread it on the dosa tawa in circular motion.
- Drizzle little oil over it.
- Cook it well.
- Flip the dosa and cook it well on other side too.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
- Adjust the pepper pods as per the taste required.
- The idli//dosa batter already has salt in it. So add little salt only if required.
- This dosa goes well with coconut chutney, onion chutney and tomato chutney. It can also served with any other chutney of your choice.
- Remove the thick veins. If not it will be difficult to grind and will come in between the dosa.