Millets are generally rich in Protein, fibre, calcium, Iron & Minerals especially Magnesium,copper & phosphorous and it helps to reduce cholesterol, lowers blood pressure & It helps in the development & repair of body cells & tissues.
As we know there are lot of health benefits about Kambu/Pearl Millet, here we are presenting making of Kambu Kozukattai/Pearl Millet dumplings.
- Bajra/Kambu/Pearl millet – 2 cups
- Onion (medium size) – 2
- Green chili – 2
- Curry leaves – 3 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprig
- Coconut – (3-4) pieces
- Mustard seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1⁄2 tbsp
- Ginger – a small piece
- Salt -1⁄2 tbsp
- Hing – 1⁄4 tsp
- Dry roast the kambu in a kadai.
- Allow it to cool. Grind it into a slightly coarse powder in mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, green chili, grated ginger, finely chopped onion, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Add the tempering to the kambu powder along with chopped coconut, salt and hing.
- Mix it well. Knead it with warm water.
- Press the dough with fingers and place them in Idli handa.
- Cook it for 10-12 minutes. Tasty dumpling is ready to eat!!!!!!!
- If desired any combination of veggies can be added.
- As the flour is coarse, the dough will not be like chapathi dough.