Kuzhi paniyarm is a Chettinad snacks which can done very easily at home in few minutes. It can be prepared from the left over IDLI/DOSA BATTER.
- Idli/Dosa batter – 4 cups
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Split urad dal – 2 tsp
- Bengal gram – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Green chili – 3
- Onion – 3
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprig
- Finely chop the onion, green chili, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, bengal gram and green chili one after the other in same order.
- When the dal turns light brown add chopped onion to it.
- Once the onion is cooked well turn off the stove and add chopped coconut and chopped coriander leaves. Mix it well.
- Pour the mixture to the idli batter and stir it.
- Heat the paniyaram kadai and drizzle oil in each kuzhi.
- With a ladle pour the batter in each kuzhi.
- Close it with a lid and turn the flame to low.
- After 1-2 minutes remove the lid and flip the paniyaram.
- Allow it to cook on the other side also. Hot kara paniyaram is ready to taste.